Friday, May 24, 2019

606 Wake Up Man! It's Another Audiobiography!

 He was born in Middlesex, England, in 19 49. His interest in music manifested itself very early, and from the age of seven he studied classical piano. At the age of 14, he joined a local band, Atlantic Blues, the same year he left school to enroll in the Royal College of Music. He had his eye on a career as a concert pianist, but  was dismissed from the college after it became clear that he preferred playing in clubs to studying technique.
His life journey has also been epic, trying to follow his dreams, to quote him, David Bowie always told me to be my own man and try wherever possible to make the decision I felt was best for me and that is what I have tried to do.
The keyboard maestro has worked with more than 200 different artists performing on their records. These include Cat Stevens, Cilla Black, Elton John, David , Lou Reed,     Black Sabbath, The Electric Light Orchestra and many more.
He has written three books and in his first, Say Yes he reveals his sense of humor, passion for golf and his personal belief in God. In it he says, I have a real passion for everything I do. My father instilled in me the need to enjoy the life you are given and God, very kindly and for reasons known only to Him, gave me a musical talent which has shaped much of my life.
Enjoy this audio biography 10 classic tunes as we count down Rick Wakeman.



10  I See You 1969 - Yes
 9 Space Oddity 1969 - David Bowie
 8 Times Of Change 1969 - Magna Carta
 7 Roundabout 1970 - Yes
 6 Mambo Sun 1971 - T. Rex
 5 Morning Has Broken 1971 - Cat Stevens
 4  Catherine of Aragon 1973 - Rick Wakeman
 3 Myths and Legends of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table 1975 - Rick Wakeman
 2 Long Distance Runaround 2004 - Yes
 1 Help! 2017 - Rick Wakeman 


https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/stupid-rabbit/episodes/2019-05-24T11_16_41-07_00



To Get It,
Click on Rick!

No comments: