Saturday, August 5, 2017

504: Soul food for your ears, Turnip Greens and Cornbread


Corn Bread and Turnip Greens
Join us for a a big ol' helping of turnip greens and cornbread, soul food for your ears. This week we travel back to the days when AM radio was king and a clear channel station brought us tunes from WLAC, Nashville, Tennessee... we can almost hear it now
Dreams To Remember - Otis Redding
Cheaper To Keeper - Johnny Taylor
I Pity The Fool - Bobby Bland
The Walk - Jimmy McCracklin
You Left The Water Running B2B 

with Barbara Lynn and Dan Penn
Sweet Devil - Mable John
Don't Pull Your Love Out - Sam and Dave
Shape I'm In - Bo Diddley
Born To Be Wild - Wilson Pickett
Big Johhn R and Chickens
Time Is On My Side -  Irma Thomas
Please, Please, Please - James Brown
These Arms of Mine B2B

with Betty Swann and Solomon Burke
Beatle Break: My Sweet Lord - John Gary Williams

Guitar Man: Hold On I'm Coming - Earl Hooker
Grits Ain't Groceries - Little Milton
I Thank You - Sam and Dave

Don's willing to share these with you

No comments: