Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes



Comfort food for the soul! These tunes are the musical meatloaf and mashed potatoes of my youth. The artists that formed my taste in music, not the usual top 40's tunes, rather a deeper style which stirs the inner feelings of youth. Join your host, without Don and the Colonel, as he sits back and spins the warm and fuzzy tunes exactly like these:

Animals - 1965 Animal Tracks - Bring It On Home To Me
Canned Heat - 1968 Livin' The Blues - III- Five Owls
Electric Flag - 1968 Long Time Coming - Killing Floor
Al Kooper - 1968 I Stand Alone- I Stand Alone
Appaloosa - 1969 Appaloosa - Rosalie
Sweet Linda Devine - 1970 Sweet Linda Devine - Young Girl Blues
Paul Butterfield Blues Band - 1968 In My Own Dreams - Just to Be with You
Taj Mahal - 1969 Giant Step - Farther on Down the Road
B. B. King - 1970 Indianola Mississippi Seeds - Hummingbird
Leon Russell - 1970 Leon Russell - A Song for You
Band - 1969 The Band - The Night They Drove Ol' Dixie Down
Flying Burrito Bros - 1969 Gilded Palace of Sin - Christine's Tune
Jimi Hendrix - 1968 Electric Lady Land - 1983 ( A Merman I Should Be)

Join these cats who loved it !



No comments: