Born in in Batley, England in 19 49, this artist grew up in Malta, permanently returning to Britain at the age of 19 to sing with the Alan Bown Set. His work in the music industry began in the 1960s, covered four decades and included a spell with the band Vinegar Joe, the Power Station, and as a solo artist who could take a tune, cover it, and do a great interpretation. His first solo album was recorded in New Orleans and was influenced by the music of Little Feat and the Meters who acted as backing band along with producer, guitarist Lowell George. He teamed with Duran Duran guitarist Andy Taylor and bassist John Taylor along with former Chic drummer Tony Thompson to form the Power Station named for recording studio where the group recorded. Sadly he died from a heart attack in a Paris hotel room on the 26th of September 2003 at age 54. He was survived by his parents, his son Jim and daughter Jane, and by his girlfriend Mary Ambrose. Among those who paid tribute were Duran Duran, stating, He was a very dear friend and a great artist.
This week's audio biography is all about Robert Palmer.
|If not, you will have after this:|
09. 1972 Rusty Red Armour - Vinegard Joe
08. 1973 Talkin' 'Bout My Baby - Vinegard Joe
07. 1974 Sailing Shoes/ Sailing Shoes (Little Feat) - Robert Palmer
06. 1975 Pressure Drop (Toots & The Maytals) - Robert Palmer
05. 1976 Spanish Moon - Robert Palmer
04. 1979 Bad Case Of Loving You - Robert Palmer
03. 1979 Can We Still Be Friends (ToddRundgren)
02. 1985 Addicted to Love - Robert Palmer
01. 1985 Get It On-Bang A Gong (T Rex) - The Power Station
00. 1988 Simply Irresistible - Robert Palmer
|This is the best looking one yet!|